Follow Us:

DACA: Social Security Card Guidance

The Social Security Administration has released an informative brochure for DACA applicants who will be applying for social security cards.  After you receive your Employment Authorization Card (I-766) from USCIS, you can apply for a Social Security number.  You must show one of the following original documents or a certified copy to evidence age and identity:

  • Foreign Birth Certificate
  • Foreign Passport
  • US military record
  • US military identification card
  • Religious record showing age or date of birth
  • US driver’s license
  • US state-issued identification card
  • School record showing age or date of birth
  • School identification card; or
  • Copy of medical record

Please note, while you may have provided photocopies of the above documents to USCIS, Social Security requires original documents or copies certified by the agency that issued them. They cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies. They must independently verify the documentation you provide.  For more information, visit or call toll-free, 1-800-772-1213.

For questions concerning DACA, please contact our office at 562 612.3996 or email:

Comments are closed.